Dear PSC Friends and Family,
We hope you are all staying safe during these tough times.
We would like to update you with where Pittwater Sports Centre is currently at during this COVID-19 Pandemic, as of the 7th of May 2020. It is now nearing two months since we have had to shut our doors due to the closure of indoor sports facilities, with Beach Life Physio being the only company allowed to trade.
What have we all been doing since?
As of Wednesday the 15th of April, Pittwater Sports Centre launched an initiative called ‘Lunchbox’ in conjunction with the Link Community Care Program, to provide Lunchboxes to the Northern Beaches Community. As we cannot open we wanted to ensure our Facility was being used and that we can in turn help our Community. The Lunchbox initiative is currently still running, 11.30am-1.30pm Monday through to Friday.
- Freshstart Fitness & Cross Fit Conditioning have been offering 1 on 1 PT sessions along with the hiring out of equipment for members & online classes.
- Sandbucket Cafe & Play Centre have been offering takeaway options and are now up & running on Deliveroo and Skip.
- North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics & Kindy Gym Australia have been providing their customers with Video education and are really enjoying the online education side of Gymnastics.
- Beach Life Physio have been allowed to continue to trade and are offering virtual consultations along with face to face, on-site.
- Pittwater Hapkido has been providing customers with online Zoom programs & The Link Church Sunday services have gone online.
When can we re-open?
We have not been given a date yet for re-opening, however we are aiming for Mid to Late June. Pittwater Sports Centre will be following all government advice closely in regards to restrictions that will be placed on Indoor Sports Centre’s when they can be opened. We have been preparing plans of practice for these measures to implement them at ease for our community. One of our policies we had implemented prior to closing was that no one was to enter the facility who had cold & flu symptoms, we will continue with this policy through to the foreseeable future, we also have multiple hand sanitiser stations installed around the facility. Social distancing will be strictly followed on site where possible.
We are hoping to have more of an idea after Scott Morison’s announcement on Friday the 8th of May.
Who can I contact in regards to my Pittwater Sports Centre enquiry?
School Holiday Workshops: Pittwater Sports Centre Office 0484 238 215
Gymnastics Programs: North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics or Office Mobile 0466 147 114
Kindy Gym Programs: Kindy Gym Australia Team
Centre Management: Centre Management Office or 0484 238 215