Since its introduction in July 2017, our school holiday cooking classes have become super popular.
Each afternoon, after a morning of energetic play, kids are given the changes to join our Cooking Club. The kids find this fun and rewarding to cook in a group. What we cook changes daily so kids never get bored. And of course, they get to savour and share the fruits of their labour with a yummy group feast at the end.
Our senior kids (8 yrs and over) learn how to make damper. We even make a campfire where the kids put the damper on sticks to make “twists” which, once cooked to perfection, we eat with margarine and honey.
Scroll down to view photos of kids enjoying our school holiday programs.
Our scrumdiddlyumptious blueberry muffin recipe
2 ¼ cups of self raising flour
90 grams butter (or margarine) chopped
3/4 cup of brown sugar
125 grams of fresh blueberries
1 cup of milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Grease your muffin tin with butter (or margarine).
- Sift the flour into the bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the mixture until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Make a well in the mixture and add the blueberries, milk and lightly beaten eggs.
- Gently stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon about a dessert spoon full of the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Give to your cooking coach to put in the oven.
- Approximately 25 minutes later you’ll have delicious, fresh blueberry muffins to share with your friends.
The best school holiday fun on the Northern Beaches
Cooking is just one part of the fun at our holiday programs. Other activities include:
- Gymnastics, apparatus and circuits in the gym
- Trampolines and foam pit
- Obstacle courses
- Sandbucket Indoor Play Centre
- Wii games and fun games in our multi-purpose room
- Funzone with colouring, origami and table tennis
- Water slide (weather permitting)
- Kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding
- Offsite trips, sports and activities
- Campfire with damper
- Table tennis competitions
Holiday Clinic Hours
Full Day: 7.00am – 6.00pm
AM Half Day: 7am – 12:30pm (includes morning tea)
PM Half Day: 12:30-6pm (includes afternoon tea)
** Please note – Final pick up on Friday 22nd December is 4:30pm
$85 for members
$97 for non-members
$60 for half day
** Discounts apply for multiple day and multiple sibling bookings.
- Information for parents »
- Sample school holiday program menu »
- A typical day at a PSC school holiday clinic »
School Holiday Program Photo Gallery
Pittwater Sports Centre
Pittwater Sports Centre is conveniently located on Pittwater Road, North Narrabeen, next door to Pittwater Sports High School (opposite Lake Park). There is plenty of convenient onsite parking which makes drop off and pick ups a breeze.
All our equipment is state-of-the-art with fun and safety paramount. Our Kindygym program specifically devised for pre-schoolers, is Sydney’s longest running kindergym program. Our Fitnastics Gymnastics program teaches school aged children and young adults gymnastics, tumbling and cheerleading from beginners to high level competitors. We also offer casual adult gymnastics classes and tailored-made programs created for schools and community groups.
It’s always party time at the Centre and our kids birthday parties are simply the best! At our FitNastics kids birthday parties you have access to the whole gym. Imagine flying on the trapeze, jumping on the trampolines, play gladiator and survivor in the fun foam filled pit, sack races and much more! Birthday parties at our indoor play centre is stress free and mess free. With all the latest indoor play equipment— slippery dips, ball pits, and soft play equipment — The Sand Bucket Play Centre is the place to bring the kids to run off some energy, whilst you relax and enjoy a coffee in the Pittwater Sports Centre Café.